Ok so initially I thought that this one month is going to go without ANY blog entry of mine which is kinda sad since that hasn't happened since I started my blog. But somehow writer's block had blocked my brain from coming up with any bright ideas. That was when this tag came like God-send. Thanks for tagging me Smithus :-) And hitchy and Avada Kedavra also, although by which time I had already posted this! :D And from the looks of it, this is one tag that is going to do the rounds for awhile. Everyone likes a rebel, the one who against the grain. So here's my addition to the set of how different I am from the gender I am supposed to belong to.
1. I loved tinkering around with stuff in the house... painting the gate, repairing gadgets... all this with the wonderful company of my grandfather who was all game for it himself. :-)
2. I had (and still have to an extent) and more guy friends than girls. And no, this was not in a flirtarious way. Many of them did and some of them still do address me as 'dude' and I know way too many of their secrets that I know that they would never tell their crushes/partners/girlfriends. Being a guy's buddy is great I tell ya! It's the best of both worlds! :D
3. I do NOT cry while watching sentimental movies. I find that too much nonsense... unless of course the subject really touches my heart. Like, Taare Zameen Par for instance.
4. My sense of homour (I've been told) is far more like a guy's than a girl's. Although who draws the definition - I am yet to find out. *rolls eyes*
5. I love exploring, adventuring and going out.... much opposed to the figure of the sweet young homely girl at home. Nyah!
6. I am still not sure how to use a sewing machine... never used it in my life. The farthest I've gone is to sew on buttons with a needle though.
7. I dont CARE for jewellery or clothes. At home I am perfectly happy to get into a t-shirt and shorts and sit in all my rumpled look. My dad constantly complains I look ready to beg on the streets sometimes :D Yes yes I do him proud, don't I!
8. Although I try to take care not to dress like a slob when I go out (thanks to years of nagging by my mom, step-mom, dad and friends - thanks guys) I do not care an iota for shopping for clothes. I am by no means a shopaholic and simple dont have the patience to sit and sift for hours through merchandise....only to walk out buying nothing. Sheer waste of time, I tell ya!
9. Crying and emotional blackmail to get things done??? Nope, that's just plain annoying. Many irritating girlfriends I know resort to these measures ... but I simply cant stand either (although the latter is also known to be used by men :P ). And I hate showing emotions easily. I can't go huggy-kissy to express my love...I'd rather pretend to strangle jokingly or back-slap the other person (irrespective of whether it's a guy or girl).
10. Technology...gadgets, software anything! I love keeping track of it. My latest Nokia E-72 is partly proof of it. Oh, plus I don't shriek and scream when I see insects. I may flinch, granted, but then I am after them the next minute with a broom. Mission Pest Termination! Tantarataa!!
(And in case if this wasn't enough proof to you, let me tell you something. When I told one of my friends that my folks are on the lookout for proposals for me, he actually said, "Great, who is the GIRL?!!!" *Rolling eyes* Men and their sense of humour, I tell you!)
Ok I just scrolled up and read the post.... and realised I sound a lot like a guy!! No wonder my parents ask me to tone it down...! But I am "girlish" in other ways though... I like cooking to an extent (when I get time) and experimenting with cuisines, I am not much of a sports person, I do have a weakness for footwear though, and can't stand horror movies...
IHM says if at the end of the post 12 people are not tagged, you will be cursed to wear blue pansts if you are a woman and pink shirts if you are a man for the next twelve years. And you know what??!! I don't mind it !! :D :D :D Isn't that the whole fricking point of this post???? And just FYI, I know men who wear pink shirts coolly to my office. Bully for them! ;-)
This work is licenced under a Creative Commons Licence. The information/articles here are not to be published, distributed, shared or made commercial use of without the permission of the author. Violators will be prosecuted.
for those who know me, i am an open book - a complicated bundle of contradictions, always ready for/with a laugh or two and yet, a worrywart many a time. for those who don't... well u can take ur time getting to know me!